Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I was mean on purpose.

Which means I must be feeling better. :) I'll tell you the story.

I'm LDS. And I'm liberal. VERY liberal. I'm happy that way. I have no problem getting along with conservatives. In fact, both of my parents are conservatives (Mom and Dad shout-out!) I sometimes joke that I think one of my Dad's great disappointments in life is that his kids lean so far left. Oh well.

I joined this facebook group called LDS Left. I'm happy there. When sitting in Utah Suburbia, it's hard to remember that I'm not the only liberal mormon in the world. Still, I have had many conversations with other mormons, and I think they can be fine, even good, as long as both parties decide to respect each other and not mudsling, or call intelligence or righteousness into question. Because that's just rude and unproductive.

I noticed awhile back that this girl had joined the group who was clearly not left-leaning. Fine. Whatever. Maybe she's curious or interested in expanding her understanding of the other side? Nope. She was there to pick fights. And that's what she did. And the really unfortunate thing is that she is not terribly well-informed. Poor thing. She never stood a chance. Don't enter the den of the other side and start picking fights unless you're prepared to be devoured.

And I did. I watched other people fight with her. Back and forth. Back and forth. I saw her impugn other's intelligence, church worthiness, etc. And this morning I just got sick of it. I told her in no uncertain terms that we did not agree with her politics. Period. She was wasting her time and her breath because she would get no conservative converts out of us. And that she was a self-righteous twit.

She said she'd pray for me. I laughed and responded with "Sweet! :)" She won't talk to me anymore. I wonder why. ;)

I am SUCH a bitch. And I love it.

2 comments:

  1. i love you andee. we need to hang out. i mean, it's been a whole year or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a long time. I agree. We definitely need to hang out. :) I'll message you my new(ish) phone number on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete