Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So behind.

I can't even begin to catch up here. I've been in Europe for 1 week. I attended a conference on corpus linguistics, toured Wetzlar, Marburg, and took a sunset boat tour down the Rhine. I searched in vain for tacky memorabilia. Now I'm in Spain. Yesterday I went to the gypsy market in Rota and bought several souvenirs and an embarrassing amount of garlic stuffed olives.
Today we are taking the ferry to Cadiz, where Roman ruins were recently discovered beneath the current city. I'm excited. Tomorrow we are going to tour Alhambra, Saturday we're driving down to Gibraltar, and then early Sunday morning, I fly home. EARLY Wednesday morning, I'm off to DC. Friday morning, I'm off to India. I will be in 4 different time zones within a week.
I haven't slept in a few days, which doesn't really help me appreciate all of the loveliness around me. I just sleep better when I have a schedule and my own space. Exhausting myself with sight-seeing doesn't seem to do the trick. Oh well. I'm enjoying what I'm getting to see in any case. I don't need sleep. Sleep is for the weak. Not really. I'd love to sleep. I'm just not very good at it.
On a sad, girly note, things were progressing so nicely with MR. F, and now I'm out of the country for 3 months. Boo. When I come back, he'll probably be dating Bland. If you don't watch Arrested Development, these two jokes are lost on you. Quelle dommage.

3 comments: