Monday, June 28, 2010

Concerning Paani

Paani means water. Water has been a bit of an issue lately. Monsoon has started. It's not raining every day or anything. A few hours before the rain hits, we get a violet windstorm. That's interesting. Then the rain comes an drenches everything. Of course, this post is not really about monsoon.

It's about faucets. At this point, I'm pretty used to the electricity going out randomly. I'm used to one part of the house having power and not another. I'm used to one wall in my room having power and not another. I'm used to classes held in the dark. I am NOT used to the water deciding to go on strike in the middle of toothbrushing. I am NOT used to my bathwater being cloudy. I really don't know how I feel about this. My host father made a joke about it yesterday. Sort-of. He just said, regarding the water, Well, that's India.

Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment