Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Long Overdue Update

Work Updates: I still work multiple part-time jobs. After being downsized from Pearson and USU, I got pt work at UVU, plus random teaching at PC and EGC. It's kept me afloat. And USU brought me back for some sporadic hours. I was close to getting a FT offer, but then the college suspended hiring until the end of their fiscal year. Which is now. So, fingers crossed, I guess

SOAS: I deferred enrollment. Worked hard on putting together funding applications. Submitted funding applications. Did not receive funding. ANY funding. So no PhD for me. The deadline to hear about funding was yesterday, so suffice it to say I'm in one hell of a bad mood.

That's pretty much it. Harold is still fat. I still, 2 years after getting my MA, work 60+ hours per week with no benefits and still barely make ends meet. I think I shall be a pt office drone for the rest of my life.

I don't think I'm going to try again. For grad school. This hurt WAY too much. It's kinda typical, though, for me. Maybe for smart people that come from poverty. I get accepted to things because I'm smart, but I can't do them because I can't afford to. That's been a recurring theme, actually. I think it would be a lot easier to be average. So I'm ready to stop reaching, because I'm tired of getting my hand slapped whenever I try to stretch beyond my class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment