Friday, April 8, 2011

The day before....

It's my birthday today. 29. Woah. Today was pretty good. My family members all called me, in what turned out to be an amusing domino pattern. I spent most of the day in jammies alternately napping and watching Bones. :)
This evening, my Roomie, her boyfriend, and another friend from church took me out to dinner at my favorite BBQ place: The Smoking Apple. I had pulled pork and sweet potato fries. In honour of my birthday, they also gave me a piece of cheesecake, but it kinda tasted like long-life milk. The rest of the meal, however, was bliss. Afterwards, they took me for my favorite dessert: a twisty cone. :) I'm such a child sometimes.
Tomorrow morning I will go run my first-ever 5k. I am excited about it, although the weather is worsening even as I type this. It's snowing. For real. Ick. They're actually re-routing the race in order to keep the runners on asphalt and pavement. Apparently the original route went through the woods or something. Had I known that, I probably wouldn't have signed up for this particular 5k... Still, I'm looking forward to it. I'll just have to be sure to bundle up really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment